In the 19th episode hosted by writer and BTS stan Virginia Duan of Mandarin Mama, she and special guest, Edward Walrod, discuss how BTS has protested in the past and present, the different ways we can protest, and how we can model our protesting after BTS.
Noona ARMY Podcast discusses the particular challenges and aspects of being a middle aged female fan of K-pop global sensation BTS.
GUEST HOST: Edward Walrod
Edward (he/him/they/them) is an avocado hating millennial Korean American originally from Seoul and is now in Chicago working in communications and digital media. He is an aggressive PCUSA Presbyterian with a low tolerance for BS, conservatism, and a sushi-kbbq-boba addiction that will most likely kill him and the world’s oceans one day. He is truly grateful that the biggest theological influences in his life are amazing women (s/o to PAAC).
Download Noona ARMY Podcast
Watch Noona ARMY Podcast
For related articles and my reaction videos with similar themes, please check these out:
- Protest Primer, Part 1: We’re Not Done Yet
- Protest Primer, Part 2: Protest Supplies and Day-Of Best Practices
- EP 18: BTS, BLM, and Performative Activism
- EP 17: BTS and Using Your Platforms
- EP 15: Racism, BTS, and the Model Minority Myth
- Ep 07: Sex and BTS
- EP 14: BTS and Love Yourself
- Your Guide to Being a Middle-Aged BTS Fan
- Why I Love BTS